5 Simple Escapes in Charlotte
Life gets crazy sometimes due to frustrating bosses, unexpected car problems, or even the presidential election. Sometimes you just need to get away. Luckily we live in a wonderful city with a variety of great escapes that can give you a minute to just take a break! Apart from an actual escape room of course, here are five great places to get away for some simple fun.
- The National Whitewater Center – less than 30 minutes away from the heart of Charlotte the WWC is an easy escape to go tire yourself out physically, or go to relax and take in great brews and music.
- Amélie’s French Bakery – Who doesn’t love a sweet treat and a steaming latte? Beyond just a delicious menu, the ambiance at Amélie’s is unique and inviting. With multiple locations around the city, you are never far from this tasty escape.
- Four Mile Creek Greenway – This greenway in south Charlotte is a wonderful place to get a big breath of fresh air and some exercise! Enjoy the leaves changing color this fall and see how many turtles you find lined up on a log in the marshy area.
- Park Road Books – There is nothing like browsing the aisles of a bookstore to get away for a bit. Whether you find a new novel to immerse yourself in or happen to visit during a book signing, Park Road Books is a friendly place to visit with a great selection of novels.
- Good Bottle Co. – When you are not feeling up for the brewery scene but are in the mood for a beer, Good Bottle might just be the place for you. Peruse through hundreds of craft beers while sipping on one from the selection they have on draft. We are sure you will find a new brew to try!